Allowed Image Hosts - UPDATED Oct 2nd 2018

Discussion in 'Rules & Site News' started by WilliamTeller, Feb 4, 2014.

1. nimbus

nimbus Member

since i see they're on the allowed host list, thought i'd share what i found when i went to log in to imgbox this morning - may be old news, i don't know, first time i went there in a while but they say they're closing up shop June 30th - (edit: I've also just been informed imagebam is doing the same with exact same message posted on their site)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  2. S-type

S-type Manager Staff Member

I've removed imagebam and imgbox from the approved list. No point adding more content that will be deleted on 30 June!

nimbus likes this.
  3. boomhot123

boomhot123 Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2017
    RandomChance likes this.
  4. S-type

Imagebam and imgbox restored.

Slade and starletfan like this.
  5. TheDudee

TheDudee Member

Imagetwist has tons of fake virus popups when accessing it on mobile. See the lexnai thread for the image that led to this realization.

starletfan likes this.
  6. starletfan

starletfan Member

I've not been using them lately, because of that and many other issues. :(

7. S-type

Mobiles are the least protected devices around for browsing the web, and are not recommended for serious users for that reason!

starletfan likes this.
  8. S-type

imgchili.net removed from approved list.

ST3001 and SAN like this.
  9. boomhot123

boomhot123 Member

sharenxs.com

Dead Host - Closed on 1st Feb 2018

10. LeRoyS

LeRoyS Member

would be nice to see imagetwist replaced with something that could be downloaded with BID or ImageHost Grabber because right now you can only download image sets from imagetwist using Download from Crazyshare.cc, Download from Ul.to, Download from K2s.cc, or some other which unless you purchase their downloader there are time limits involved before you can download again.
    And there are a majority of image sets using imagetwist it is almost not worthy of downloading anything from this site any more.

11. starletfan

starletfan Member

I download from imagetwist with BID. Try signing up for a free account with them and be logged in when you download.
    I'd like to see a replacement for imgChili. Their demise is why you see so much imagetwist now.

12. qwz75

qwz75 Global Moderator Staff Member

WilliamTeller and starletfan like this.
  13. Lexx Diamond

Lexx Diamond New Member

I would like to post a set that didn't see posted yet using http://img.yt . I did a search for the host in this thread but it never came up. Would someone please let me know if that host is acceptable? I view pics with no problem from that host via Firefox while running NoScript and Ublock Origin add ons.

14. SAN

SAN Global Moderator Staff Member

No you can't use it. The use of an imagehost from our approved list is mandatory

Lexx Diamond likes this.
  15. Lexx Diamond

Lexx Diamond New Member

OK. I have been using imgbox since their debut. However, they have a 10mb image size limit. None of the hosts I know of that I know can host images larger than 10 are listed is why I asked. I want to post a set of a female and some of the pics are more than 10mbs. I have the set posted on other sites. I was just trying to contribute. Oh well back to lurking.

16. S-type

Get yourself an image management system that facilitates reducing the filesize of images - some web sources seem to compress their images pretty inadequately!

Lexx Diamond and SAN like this.
  17. betterthanthat

betterthanthat New Member

One of imagehost from the list, doesn't work.

http://image18.org/
    Please notice:
    This domain name registration has expired and renewal or deletion are pending. If you are the registrant and want to renew the domain name, please contact your registration service provider.

SAN likes this.
  18. S-type

The following imagehosts have been removed - appearances suggest that they are defunct.
    image18.org
    imageho.me
    picturescream.com
    pic-sharing.net
    pixtreat.com

ST3001 likes this.
  19. S-type

Imagetwist has been removed from our approved list, operating from 3 October 2018. A potential malware intrusion has not been removed from their system and they can no longer be recommended as safe.

20. S-type

Imagetwist have eliminated the problem that was drawn to their attention, so they are hereby restored to approved status.
    I have thanked them for their cooperation.

Raymond66, qwz75, april and 6 others like this.